Leena Athparia - Violin and Piano Instructor
at Find A Way Music School
Now accepting beginner to advanced level students:
- Individual lessons taught in a positive and supportive environment
- Practical and theory (Rudiments, Harmony, Analysis) examination preparation for the Royal Conservatory of Music (RCM)
- Develop confidence and performance skills through regular recitals and performance opportunities
- Lessons taught at Find A Way’s Downtown Recording Studio and Music School and Find A Way’s Greenwood and Danforth location as well as in the comfort of your own home
Leena has extensive experience teaching violin, piano & theory to all ages, She is an accomplished violinist who has performed internationally in US, India, Japan, Singapore, Mauritius, Europe and beyond. Having been exposed to music since her childhood through her mother, music has been a tool for creative expression, learning & healing.
After learning piano from her mother at age 4, she picked up the violin at the age of 6. She studied at the MRC Music Academy in Calgary and graduated with her ARCT in violin from the Royal Conservatory in 2001. Leena has performed in chamber ensembles including her family trio with her brother on cello. She has also been a member of several orchestras in Canada (Calgary Youth Orchestra, Mount Royal Chamber Strings, University of Calgary Orchestra) as well as the Orchestre Symphonique Universitaire de Grenoble in France.
Currently, she is exploring many aspects of India classical music which has led her to study with some world-class violinists in India this past year and expand into folk & world music. She has shared her musical abilities through volunteering abroad as well as organizing charity concerts to bring music education to underprivileged children in India. She has recently been featured on TV & webcasts as an active member of ‘Sounds of Isha’ which just released a recent CD of Indian fusion, Alai.
Visit www.findaway.ca/school or call (416) 707-1077
* Get a FREE additional music lesson when you sign up for 10 lessons before January 31st, 2014 *