The Senior Programmer Analyst is accountable to the Manager, Applications Development, for the analysis, design, and programming of various application system components required by the Association. Using a methodical and structured approach towards programming and testing, the incumbent is responsible for developing complex applications based on approved design specifications prepared either by the Systems Analyst or the incumbent.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- analyze technical specifications, build and implement functionally accurate and modular application programs according to approved design specifications;
- formulate test cases to test application software in development, to ensure a program’s functionality matches its specification’s business requirements, and to ensure the Association’s programming standards are followed;
- regularly coordinate or take part in discussions with users and Systems Analysts in developing and maintaining applications or enhancements to meet business needs;
- analyze business requirements described in use cases for system subcomponents and prepare detailed programming specifications for assigned in-house system applications;
- manage and support the maintenance of systems developed in-house as directed by the Systems Analyst or the Manager, Applications Development, including ‘trouble-shooting’, reporting problems and recommending, designing, and implementing sound solutions;
- provide, maintain, or update systems documentation to reflect new applications or enhancements to existing applications;
- provide skills transfer or assistance to junior development team members to improve product quality, performance, and to ensure standards are implemented.
- furnish the Systems Analyst or Manager with design improvement specifications, and/or activity/status reports on an as requested basis;
- coordinate and support the implementation of developed projects for production use.
Education: 4 year University degree or college diploma with a major in computer science or applied mathematics.
Experience: Must have expertise on the following:
P Minimum 4 years experience developing applications using Oracle RDBMS and associated or related 4GL tools.
P Proficiency in Oracle Development tools (Forms, Reports, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Pro*C
P Proficiency in Relational Database design, Data Modelling (E/R diagrams Documenting and presenting system requirements using Use Case methodology.
Resumes, including salary expectations, should be forwarded by November 14, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ontario Medical Association is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.