We offer guided sightseeing bicycle tours that give our guests a unique look at the diversity and beauty of Toronto. We host visitors from all over the world. Our award winning rides take us on and off the beaten path, from the most popular landmarks and tourist spots to Toronto's hidden neighbourhoods, parks, and locales. Going by bike is a great way to see it all!
We are looking to add a part-time Social and Online Media Coordinator to our team. This person will help us to manage our brand online, by inspiring, engaging and informing our customers and business partners through our social media channels. The Coordinator will manage these channels, post content, respond to queries and moderate contributions from our user communities. If you are have social media savvy, are an “ambassador” for Toronto, love storytelling and have an appreciation for cycling then this is the perfect job for you!
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage our social media channels, helping to insure that they are informative, relevant and engaging for our customers and business partners. Ensure that channels include updates on events, new items, marketing efforts, media that align with our brand
• Manage our online photo repository, curate images to be posted across social media channels
• Develop and execute initiatives to drive member-generated content and increase community participation
• Manage and curate user created content (mostly photographs
• Research and gather relevant and engaging content that fits with our brand
• Recommend blog posts, articles, podcasts, website updates and videos (or relevant media) to creatively communicate about our services, our company, our people and our city
• Monitor/moderate channels and inform management of any trends, content issues, frequently asked questions that arise online
• Attend weekly (virtual) editorial meetings and manage and update the editorial calendar based on the outcomes from those meetings. Work from the editorial calendar/schedule
• Identify and drive opportunities for online cross promotion with potential partners.
• Provide tracking and metrics to communicate community activity to internal and external clients.
The social and online media coordinator works virtually (remotely) with the Toronto Bicycle Tours team on a flexible schedule 10 hours per week, with deadlines)
• Understands the social media universe including Facebook, Google Linkedin, YouTube, Picassa, Instagram, Twitter, Foursquare,Twitter, wikis, blogs, etc. including use of tools such as HootSuite\
• Is a regular user (or power user) of social media, and has strong computer/internet skills
• Excels at content research, possesses excellent writing skills and the ability to create content quickly
• Experience with blogging, microblogging (i.e. Twitter) and use of Facebook
• Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
• Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
• Highly Organized, and an Effective communicator
• University or College education (graduate or in progress)
• 3+ years related digital or communications experience desired
• Is currently active in social media channels
A passion for travel, a love of storytelling and a love of the city of Toronto and an appreciation for cycling are definite assets.
Please respond to this posting with a note and a resume. Please include links to your personal social media channels. We look forward to hearing from you!