Our client, located in downtown Toronto, is seeking a senior financial analyst on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Manager, Accounting, Planning, & Forecasting this role will work closely with the management team and key business partners to develop forecasts and financial plans on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare branch profitability report
- Monthly production and distribution of revenue reports, rate & retention & variance analysis
Monthly Financial Package preparation & enhancements
- Quarterly schedule preparation & distribution.
- Prepare & enhance cost centre reports for cost centre owners.
- Prepare Quarterly Lease Schedules
- Prepare Quarterly Fixed Asset Schedules
- Other Home office period end management & close reports as per schedule
- Provide variance analytics to home office quarterly packages affiliate
- Balance Sheet & P&L accounts analysis and variance explanations
- Expense analytics and explanations
- Allocation analysis to determine cross charges
- Evaluation and monitor cross charges from Home Office (plan and actuals)
- Use of performance metrics to demonstrate point of view on plan results
- Planning analyze and 'what-if' scenarios
- Monitor, review and analyze updated plan results throughout the plan cycle
- Set up GWP plan and Expense plan templates for Planners and provide training as needed
- Consolidate, review, & discussions with cost center managers and program managers
- Set up cost center allocation factor for plan and actual
- Setup data in planning tools by providing Home Office with current year premium production data & premium earnings patterns
- Plan for Ceded Premiums, acquisition costs, commissions, taxes & other components of a P&C insurer P&L
- Creates Cross Charge plan to other affiliated companies
- Quarterly Forecasts before each quarter close along with P&L analysis
- Cash management (forecasting, planning FX levels)
- Develop performance metrics and assist management in improving business driver measurements
- Assist management in identifying efficiencies and implementing solutions
- Recommends process improvements, and ensures that the enhanced process meets Internal and external Audit controls
- Participate in projects and initiatives as required
- Advanced PC skills, Microsoft office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- MS Access & VBA skills are an asset
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making
- A university graduate from a Business Administration or related program
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the finance areas of an insurance company (P&C preferred) with extensive exposure to planning, forecasting and building financial models in MS Excel to analyze scenarios
To apply for this position email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing sfa.acn in the subject line, or call (416) 250-5022. If this position is not exactly what you are looking for, please contact our office directly to discuss your career goals and what you are looking for. Not all positions are advertised, so other suitable positions may be available.
Industry: Recruitment and Staffing
Job Function: Financial Services