Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is a leading multinational financial services provider and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming our first customers in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in 1832, Scotiabank has continued to expand its global reach. Today, through our team of more than 86,000 employees, Scotiabank and its affiliates offer a broad range of products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking to over 21 million customers in more than 55 countries around the world.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
The Project Manager, Under $100M Program reports to the Director, Special Programs and is responsible for the project management of a portfolio of construction projects being Under $100M to the satisfaction of end users while ensuring quality work and value effective solutions. The incumbent is responsible to ensure projects are completed in accordance with the Bank's architectural standards and requirements, within the approved budgets and established schedules by close co-ordination with Architects, Consultants, Contractors, Developers, Regional and Executive Offices, Shared Services, and Branch Management. He/she works independently to co-ordinate project schedules and requests and expedites approvals. He/she is expected to be a self-starter, to exercise initiative and to take independent action in managing designated projects to achieve objectives based on the understanding of real estate policies, guidelines and requirements as agreed with the Director, Special Programs. Details are very important and can be time-consuming, and a commitment to spend extra time to ensure the quality of work completed is essential.
1) Undertake the project management of Under $100M projects by:
- managing a portfolio of small projects (planned and unplanned) and ensuring all are completed on time, within budget and in accordance with Bank standards. This may include site visits to determine scope of work, negotiating with general contractors and suppliers, following-up with branch staff, Shared Services, and Regions to ensure client satisfaction;
- obtaining and expediting approvals from landlords, branches and EO departments;
- maintaining ongoing contact with outside consultants and contractors to obtain status of each project in order to identify potential timing problems; * monitoring, recording and forwarding for payment invoices related to the projects;
- ensuring project files are maintained in a complete and up-to-date manner; and
- following-up on any deficiencies reported by branches, ensuring immediate and effective remedial action by consultants, contractors, or suppliers.
2) Enhancing client service by:
- keeping projects current/updated in the Under $100M database; and
- working with clients to improve the efficiency of the Under $100M Program.
3) Undertake other special projects, as assigned.
- He/she must have excellent prioritization and scheduling skills, and have knowledge of construction, design and relevant business practices as well as Bank standards in order to effectively manage designated construction projects. The incumbent requires a sound background knowledge of and experience in construction methods and materials, a good understanding of architectural, electrical and mechanical drawings, and detailed knowledge of contract and construction documentation.
- Strong human relations / personal skills are essential. The incumbent must initiate contact and build communication loops with Bank user groups as well as manage a team of design and construction consultants, often with competing interests. The incumbent requires self-initiative, resourcefulness and strong organizational ability to manage a diverse range of projects. Excellent oral and written communication skills are also required to prepare informative reports and recommendations.
- PC skills required include Word, Excel, Internet searching and our PRS Reporting System. A high level of energy, enthusiasm and commitment is also necessary. He/she must be flexible and reliable to conduct work within a team environment, willing to share knowledge and ideas, and display initiative in most situations as autonomy is expected.
University or College Degree in Project Management (PMP Certificate Engineering or Architecture including relative experience preferred.
To apply for this position please CLICK HEREScotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Experience some of our amazing career stories for yourself.
Visit www.scotiabank.com/careers today
Career Level: Experienced
Years of Relevant Experience: 3 Years
Industry: Financial Services and Banking
Job Function: Financial Services