Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is a leading multinational financial services provider and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming our first customers in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in 1832, Scotiabank has continued to expand its global reach. Today, through our team of more than 86,000 employees, Scotiabank and its affiliates offer a broad range of products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking to over 21 million customers in more than 55 countries around the world.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
The Director, Growth Optimization manages the process of identifying and championing new opportunities that will drive Cards portfolio growth. The successful candidate will lead a team responsible to generate growth opportunities (e.g policy, strategy and/or portfolio optimization analyze, size and scope the opportunities, and present recommendations to VP of Business Analytics and Cards senior management on an ongoing and proactive basis. Where viable, these opportunities will be integrated into the overall strategy for Credit Cards, and implemented by working with key partners in the business unit. This role requires experience in credit cards, risk management, pricing and analytics. The Director is a results-oriented leader who will have strategic influencing skills and passion for driving smart growth. The Director will be an experienced people manager able to lead a high performing analytics team.
Proactively identify new opportunities to grow the portfolio and bring to the Cards Management team for prioritization:
* Work closely with Shared Services, Product, Customer Insight & Analytics and Global Risk Management stakeholders to identify balanced growth opportunities that optimize profit
* Focus on continuous improvement and opportunity identification. Analyze portfolio segments and design tests that encourage profit-generating customer behaviours
* Create financial analysis and fact-based rationale for new opportunities
Assess how Cards is performing overall against benchmarks and industry-leading practices:
* Maintain and update benchmarks for key performance metrics
* Pressure test status quo parameters
* Assess key performance indicators: approval rates, credit limits, pricing etc. of current products vs competitors; make recommendations to stakeholders for modifications as required
Provide thought leadership on quantifying and operationalizing the short medium and long-term growth opportunities for the Cards business:
* Lead analysis of existing levers for growth
- New accounts
- Increasing spend / balances
- Minimization of attrition
* Manage an ongoing test/learn protocol for new opportunities
- Oversee transition from test/learn to implementation. Coordinate with Business Transformation team to ensure successful implementation
- Develop roadmap (e.g milestones, owners, timing) for execution for targeted opportunities
Work with partners to pull most effective levers in upcoming product / campaign cycles:
* Oversee analysis to justify recommendations
* Provide context, as required, on how actions fit into wider Cards strategy
* Generate buy-in from partners around key opportunities
Create and manage a high performance team oriented work environment:
* Develop and foster a high achieving motivated team through sustained leadership activities that encourage self-awareness and personal development and career development amongst the team
* Execute the leadership of the team in accordance with Bank human resources policies and overall guidelines for business conduct
* Assume responsibility as team leader to drive collaborative cross functional projects both within and outside of the Credit Card business unit
* Empower and enable the team to achieve their business objectives by creating a workplace environment that is open with frequent lines of communication between superiors and subordinates and amongst peers
* 5-7+ years of experience in Risk Management - preferred
* 5-7+ years of experience in credit card analytics - preferred
* Experience partnering with business owners to drive strategies
* Demonstrated thought leadership
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics
* MBA (Finance or Marketing) or CFA - preferred
To apply for this position please CLICK HEREScotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Experience some of our amazing career stories for yourself.
Visit www.scotiabank.com/careers today
Career Level: Experienced
Years of Relevant Experience: 8 Years
Industry: Financial Services and Banking
Job Function: Financial Services