Real opportunity to grow
As one of Canada's largest employers, CIBC offers a variety of career opportunities. Our people are the key to achieving our vision of being the leader in client relationships, which is why we work hard to create an environment where all employees can excel.
We are proud to have been recently recognized as Strongest Bank in Canada, Strongest Bank in North America, and third Strongest in the world. We have also been named one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers, a Best Employer for New Canadians, one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of the 50 Most Socially Responsible Corporations in Canada. In addition, we have eight strong Employee Affinity Networks focused on supporting the professional and personal development of more than 3,000 members
Take a moment to picture yourself working for one of Canada's leading financial institutions, where a spectrum of possible career paths offers you remarkable choice, flexibility - and a real opportunity to grow.
Explore the possibilities
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking - we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees - access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
This position will provide strong support to the Manager position for ongoing support and growth of the Business Managed Technology (BMT) and Managed Architecture Portfolio (MAP) applications and for ensuring that they meet the evolving business needs of enterprise architecture, other technology stakeholders/users and the enterprise-wide businesses supported by the BMT program. This includes analysis of complex business requirements, analysis and delivery of reporting needs and development and delivery of training for the BMT and MAP systems. The position will also work closely with users of both systems in coordination of UAT activities and with vendors for the purposes of understanding and analyzing new releases.
Develop and maintain complete and accurate understanding of how the business unit conducts its business. Maintain detailed knowledge of the business's current processes, technology and infrastructure.
Manage the future state architecture (FSA) work, including maintenance and publication of the FSA blueprint, change control of the strategy, Component model, Act as the subject matter expert on all aspects of the FSA achievement, tracking and reporting
Provide senior level consulting services to business groups on process and reporting improvements. Ensure processes and reporting are in place to provide integrity and quality of information. Recommend and facilitate process and reporting improvements as required.
Manage complex new requirements as a release or part of a release, with overall responsibility to consult with development team on business requirements and implementation. Provide guidance and advice to clients in use of business applications, including advanced functions and productivity enhancement. Analyze business and user needs, document requirements and revise existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
Facilitate and deliver training sessions with users of all levels throughout the enterprise for MAP and BMT systems and processes.
Participate in annual planning and prioritization of system roadmaps.
Provide quality assurance management and ensure compliance to testing standards for all releases.
Provide other support as required
- Act as backup to the Manager as required
- Actively participate in other activities or initiatives as required to further evolve the maturity of MAP & BMT
- Assist with testing, verification and other release activities as required.
Extensive Work Experience:
- Written CommunicationsAbility to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation.
- Requirements AnalysisKnowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associated with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting required business functionality as well as information requirements.
- Reporting - ability to develop management reporting with the appropriate level of information and deep-dive analysis for management reporting at the LOB level and at the senior executive level.
- Training - ability to deliver training to a diverse audience at various levels and parts of the organization, develop and maintain training materials and user guides, develop self-directed training materials.
- Relationship ManagementAbility to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers.
- Problem SolvingKnowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems.
- Oral CommunicationsAbility to express oneself and communicate with others verbally; recognizing that verbal communication is more than just language - it includes tone, style and structure.
- Interpersonal RelationshipsKnowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Decision Making and Critical ThinkingKnowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems.
- ConsultingKnowledge of approaches, tools, techniques and roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients within and outside own area.
- Conflict ManagementKnowledge of tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing and effectively dealing with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group or situation level.
- Use Case Analysis, Definition and DevelopmentKnowledge of and ability to utilize use cases to analyze, define and document business requirements and application scenarios.
- Creativity - Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for promoting creative, original thinking and applying it to existing and emerging situations
- Business Process DesignKnowledge of business process design that encourages a critical, fresh look at key processes and focuses on maximizing organizational performance.
- Process ManagementAbility to understand, monitor, update or enhance existing business or work process.
- Regular contact with Director level management, project teams.
- Regular contact with representatives of other functional areas and Divisions of other SBU's.
- Anticipating new/emerging application requirements by analyzing manual procedures/systems to identify features and considerations.
- Analyzing and interpreting changes and trends in CIBC technology to determine their impact and assessing opportunities to support new business requirements.
- Performing business and management practice analysis to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identifying and verifying the nature of problems across various business functions and determining an appropriate resolution
- Work performed may not be covered by instructions, standards and procedures.
- Having to multi-task and meet important deadlines and deal with conflicting priorities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General office environment.
Rewards and Recognition
At CIBC, we're committed to providing employees with fair and competitive compensation that reflects individual contribution, business performance and related markets. Our total compensation programs are comprised of direct and indirect components. Together they reward employee capability and performance and promote employee well-being.
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Employee Banking Offer
At CIBC, there are formal and informal methods available to acknowledge employee and team contributions throughout the year. Formal recognition programs recognize outstanding performance by individuals and teams at CIBC. CIBC's formal programs include the CIBC Achievers Program, eAchievers and the Chairman's Council and President's Council Awards in Wood Gundy. We developed these programs to reward those who demonstrate our core values of Trust, Teamwork and Accountability.
Industry: Financial Services and Banking
Job Function: Technology and Digital Media