Job Ref: 63-CM-1014-846
Job Title: Assistant Category Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Salary: Not disclosed
Assistant Category Manager
We are a leader in retail and pharmacy. Well-known and convenient, with an extensive store network servicing the needs of Canadians.
We are a Canadian success story of 50 years, created by recognizing needs, building relationships and focusing on doing what's needed for our patients and customers.
And right now, that means providing more ways to care through our pharmacy services.
Our Pharmacy team at our Central office drives the strategy and service planning for our store pharmacies, to ensure our patients get the best and most innovative services to help them with their healthcare needs.
We help ensure Shoppers remains a leader in retail pharmacy, innovating new product and service offerings on a national and provincial stage, setting strategy, taking smart risks and responsibility for our recommendations, and getting things done.
Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the most recognized and trusted names in Canadian retailing, with over 1,200 Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores in each province and three territories. We are one of the most convenient retailers in Canada, proudly serving Canadians who believe being healthy means looking and feeling good.
We are hiring an Assistant Category Manager.
Reporting directly to the Category Manager the incumbent maintains and administers marketing and product related programs in partnership with vendors, negotiates product cost and payment terms to maximize margin dollars to generate revenue and increase market share for the Seasonal category.
* Develops promotional programs and activities including product selection and projected sales to promote various categories, increase market share and grow revenue.
* Develops and monitors planograms to determine product placement, and maximize sales, profit and inventory turns at a regional level.
* Manages the planning process to build a category plan to identify and achieve overall seasonal category and corporate objectives.
* Determines product assortment to ensure timely and efficient listing and delisting of products.
* Review weekly, period and YTD sales/margin reports and completes ongoing analysis and quarterly reviews to maximize seasonal category opportunities.
* Manages pricing details to ensure that cost and retail changes and promotional prices including Flyer, Special Values etc. are entered correctly in the system.
* Negotiates with vendors for product cost, co-op program allowances, payment terms, O&A deals etc. to ensure that business opportunities are maximized.
* Manages all administration, funding, and communications including funds in/out accounts, vendor billings, commitments, A/R with vendors, liaises with internal departments (Inventory, Marketing Call Centre performs store visits to SDM and competitive stores, and attends trade shows to maximize seasonal category sales and profitability.
Skills and Experience:
This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
* Requires an understanding of inter-related work processes to be able to adapt to differing assignments.
* Provides routine information to coordinate the assignments and work procedures of others.
* Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with associates and colleagues including senior management.
* Draws on a number of known options to solve problems and to develop improvements.
* Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
* Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
* Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required
* Computer skills to produce reports, documents and presentations.
* Knowledge of marketing, sales and analytical tools.
We are currently focusing on our teams at Central office, to provide the best support to our Stores and their teams, and ensure our customers and patients are best served by visiting Shoppers.
For the Pharmacy team, that means continuing to review, understand and respond to industry and customer changes, by developing new initiatives and new services valued by customers and stakeholders. And we continue to ensure traditional services continue to be valuable offerings, provided efficiently and effectively to everyone's benefit.
And on top of that, every year, Shoppers Drug Mart employees at Central office, and in the stores of our Associate Owners, contribute more time, money and effort to great charitable causes across Canada.
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we have always remained true to our belief that the root of our success lies with our people. We pride ourselves on providing more ways to care about our patients, customers and community.
We offer unique work, and the benefits you would expect from a large corporation, all with a smaller company feel, as well as:
* A high energy and varied workplace that strives for and rewards excellence.
* Competitive pay structures, rewarding strong and consistent performance
* A highly customizable benefits plan, including a vacation purchase option
* Peer recognition programs
* Employee discounts on in-store purchases
* Opportunities for skill development and advancement in your work
* Learning and development through our SDM University
* Strong culture of charitable and community involvement
* Unique chance to work with an organization that is committed to improving the health and well being of Canadians
Career Level: Experienced
Job Function: Operations